Travel at your own pace...


Booking 4 or More Vehicles
View our Price Match Guarantee!


Frequently Asked Questions

View 2WD Frequently Asked Questions

Can I tow with this car?
No, towing is a violation of the rental agreement and is not permitted under any circumstances.

What happens if I drop the car at a different location than where I indicated? 
Returning a vehicle to a different location to the one listed on your contract is not permitted, if you do return to a different location you will be subject to a penalty charge.

I am 15 minutes late in returning my vehicle, will I be charged an extra day? 
Yes, if you are due to return your vehicle at 10am and are not at the branch until 10:15am you will be charged an extra day.

What is the policy on off-road driving?
4wd cars can be driven on sealed/bitumen roads or well maintained access roads less than 5 kilometres long to recognised campgrounds.  They can also be driven on recognized unsealed tracks but may only travel to the following remote areas with the express written permission of Apollo: Any Islands, Tasmania, Simpson Desert, Cape York (North of Daintree River), Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville Track, Tanami Track, Gibb River Road, Kalumburu Road, Warburton Road, Strzelecki Track, Cape Leveque, Bungle Bungles, the Plenty Highway, Burke Development Road from Chillagoe to Normanton and Savannah Way from Normanton to Borroloola, Finke Road, Central Arnhem Road, Arnnhem Land in general and any other remote area.

Can I travel on the Canning Stock Track in this vehicle?
No, vehicles are NOT permitted to travel on the Canning Stock Route, The Lost City in Litchfield Park, Gunbarrel Highway, the Old Telegraph Road section of the road to Cape York, Boggy Hole (Finke Gorge National Park), the Old South Road from Maryvale to Finkea and the last 2 kilometres of the Lennard River Gorge Road, at any time.

Are there any restrictions on travelling to Cape York?
Vehicles are NOT permitted to travel to Cape York between the months of December to May.  At all other times permission is required.

I made a reservation through my Travel Agent can I change or cancel my booking directly with Apollo? 
No, the request to change or cancel a booking must come from the Travel Agent.

Can I book a one way rental? 
Yes, one way rentals are permitted between all locations with a fee of $250.

What is the Broome Surcharge? 
This is a fee which applies to any booking that is picking up or dropping off to the Broome Branch. This fee is $750.

I am collecting and returning my vehicle to Broome. Will I be charged the Broome fee twice? 
No, you will only be charged this fee once.

Is there a charge for additional drivers? 
No, all drivers must show their drivers licence in person at time of pick-up to be listed on the contract as a driver.

Can I collect my 4wd car from the Airport? 
No, 4wd cars need to be picked up and returned from the Apollo branches. Apollo branches are conveniently located close to Airports.

Do I need a special driver's licence? 
A valid, non-provisional and current car driver's licence is to be produced for everyone intending to drive the vehicle on the holiday. The licence must be in English for our staff to read. If the licence is not readable in English, an international driver's licence must accompany the state/overseas driver's licence. 

The licence must have been held for at least two years and be valid for the whole length of the rental. Copies and translations of driver’s licences are not sufficient. The original must be shown at time of pick-up when the driver is present.

I am over 75 years of age; do I need to get a medical certificate to state I am fit to drive?
Yes, for drivers 75 years of age or over, a current medical certificate stating that the customer is fit to drive for the duration of the hire is required upon vehicle collection. The medical certificate must be issued no earlier than 2 weeks before pick-up to be valid.

What is the minimum driver’s age?
The driver must be at least 21 years of age and meet the driver’s licence requirements as per the Terms and Conditions.

Can I use my overseas driver’s licence?
Yes, however if your licence is not printed in English you will need to arrange an International Driver’s Licence.

Why should I choose the Liability Reduction Option? 
Unless you take the Liability Reduction Option you run the risk of being responsible for considerable costs associated with damage to, or theft of, the vehicle. This applies even if the damage was not your fault!

What is the Cost of Fuel? 
Petrol (Gasoline) in Australia comes in unleaded and leaded grades, and is sold by the litre. Petrol and diesel fuel costs between AUD $1.15 and AUD $1.60 per litre and can be higher especially in country and remote outback areas.

How do I pay the Bond / Security Deposit?
Payment for the Bond / Security Deposit is only payable with a credit card at time of pick-up. Cash is not accepted at the branches.